Five Research Fellow posts are available at the GCRF Centre for Sustainable, Healthy and Learning Cities and Neighbourhoods (SHLC). SHLC is one of the 37 major projects funded for 4 years by the Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF) Research Councils UK Collective Fund, which aims to build upon research knowledge in the UK, and strengthen research capacity overseas, to help address challenges in the developing countries.
SHLC will conduct comparative studies of urbanisation and the formation and differentiation of neighbourhoods in cities in order to address the challenges associated with large-scale rural-to-urban migration in Africa and Asia. The Centre, based at Glasgow, has eight international partners in South Africa, Tanzania, Rwanda, India, Bangladesh, China and the Philippines.
These jobs require expert knowledge in the areas of education, health, or urban studies in relation to developing countries from the perspective of development studies, geography, urban planning, urban studies, migration, public policy or other relevant social science disciplines.
Specifically, we expect each of the five posts to contribute specialist knowledge to the Centre in at least one of the following areas:
- Cities, urbanisation and urban development in Africa, South Asia and/or East Asia
- Education policy research and provision in developing countries
- Health policy research and health facility provision in developing countries
- Quantitative research and analytical skills including social survey, spatial analysis, GIS, Big Data.
- Qualitative research and analytical skills and methods
For further information and applying, please visit the following web site:
Search College of Social Sciences (Job Reference Number: 019448) Closing Date: 13th December 2017